Techkriti has been a host to a large number of participants since its inception, and these numbers have been ever growing since then. We at the Hospitality cell ensure that you have a wonderful experience here at the campus. We have a team of dedicated individuals which will cater to your needs such as accommodation, registration and lodging after you arrive at the campus. Our previous guests have taken back fond memories of their stay and the letters of appreciation left by them are a constant source of inspiration to us. We promise you to serve you in the best possible way so as to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. During the festival our team will be available round the clock to answer your queries and helping you out in any matters of concern.
Reaching IIT Kanpur
From Kanpur Central Railway Station :
Taxis and autos are easily available from the Cantt side of the Kanpur Central Railway Station (from Platform number 1 side). There is a pre-paid auto and taxi booth.
The rates are Rs. 300 for a taxi and Rs. 200 for an auto. Sometimes you may be able to negotiate a few rupees less with the driver, if you don't go to the pre-paid booth. For convenience, fix up the rates with the driver before you board the auto or the taxi.
We will also arrange for some buses from the Kanpur Central Railway Station to pick up the participants. These would be available on the Platform 1 side of the Railway Station. They will charge you with a nominal amount of Rs 15 or 20. However since the number of buses is limited, you might have to arrange for your own conveyance.
From the Bus Stand:
Buses will not be available here so you will have to arrange for your own conveyance.
Autos are easily available from the Bus stand to IIT Kanpur.
The rates are Rs 200 for an auto. For convenience, fix up the rates with the driver before you board the auto.
- Accommodation will be provided from 18th evening. All the participants coming before can also stay in hotels outside IIT Kanpur.
- You are required to report at the Hospitality desk in SAC (Students Activity Center) as soon as you arrive at the campus. Look out for directions in the campus to reach the hospitality desk.
- All participants are required to carry their original college identity cards with photo proof to avail the accommodation and messing facilities in the campus and are required to follow the Rules and Regulations as mentioned on the respective page.
- Kindly note that the accommodation is strictly on a shared basis and any requests for individual rooms or any complaints in this regard shall not be entertained.
- You will be provided messing facility in the campus itself. Apart from the regular messing facilities there are a number of canteens in the campus which can cater to your eating requirements.
- The fees for registration is INR 1400 along with a security deposit of INR 100 .
- Mode of payment is online.
- This is the registration fees for Techkriti, Not for the facilities provided by Techkriti i.e. if anyone does not want to take accommodation, still he/she has to pay the registration fees.
- Facilities Provided :
a) Accommodation from 19th March to 22nd March
b) Messing and Fooding :
Dinner on 19th March
Breakfast and Lunch on 20,21 and 22nd March
c) All passes for talks and shows
d) No specific event registration charges (Excluding Workshop )
- Mattresses and pillows will be provided to all the participants who have confirmed accommodation. You need not stuff your backpacks with the same. However, please bring along all the stuff required for your respective events. Participants need to bring their own blankets with themselves.
- Security of laptops will be of participants only. Techkriti will not be responsible for any damage to the laptops of participants.
Bus schedule can be found here : Click to see the bus schedule
List of Hotels
Click here to see the list of hotels
- 1. We are a group of friends not participating in any of the major competitions and just coming to Techkriti to have fun. Would we be allowed?
- No, you can come to Techkriti only if you participate in one of the events or workshops.
- 2. I have received the hospitality form, what should I do next to avail accommodation?
- No further step is required; just present the hard copy of the form when you report at the hospitality desk. The registration fee(Rs 1400) plus the caution money (Rs. 100) is to be paid before you arrive at the campus for the festival (19-22 March), mode of payment being online.
- 3. What is the procedure to be followed after we reach IIT Kanpur?
- You need to report to the Hospitality Desk, Students Activity Centre (SAC) along with your college identity card.
- You will have to produce the reciept of your online payment and a recent passport size photograph.
- Booklet will act as your identity card in campus.
- In case of a big contingent, contingent leader needs to present the ID cards of all the people in his contingent at the hospitality desk along with a list of all the people. Accommodation would be strictly on shared basis.
- 4. My parents or professors want to accompany me, is this allowed?
- No, only the confirmed participants are allowed to enter the institute premises.
- 5. I don’t want accommodation because I belong to Kanpur, am I expected to pay the registration amount.
- Yes, the registration amount has to be paid by every participant. The accommodation and messing facilities are complimentary.
- 6. Can two participants be from different colleges in a team event?
- Yes, Techkriti does not restrict cross participation from colleges in a team event.
- 7. Can I get accommodation on 17th March or before, although the festival starts from 19th of March?
- No, accommodation will be provided from 18th evening. All the participants coming before can stay in hotels outside IIT Kanpur.
- 8. How do I avail travelling facility from Kanpur station to IIT? From Kanpur Central Railway Station:
- Taxis and autos are easily available from the Cantonment side of the Kanpur Central Railway Station (from Platform number 1 side). There is a pre-paid auto and taxi booth.
The rates are Rs 300 for a taxi and Rs 200 for an auto.
We will also arrange for some buses from the Kanpur Central Railway Station to pick up the participants. These would be available on the Platform 1 side of the Railway Station. They will charge you with a nominal amount of Rs 15 or 20. However since the number of buses is limited, you might have to arrange your own conveyance.
- From the Bus Stand:
- Buses will not be available here so you will have to arrange your own conveyance.
Autos are easily available from the Bus stand to IIT Kanpur. The rates are Rs 200 for an auto. For convenience, fix up the rates with the driver before you board the auto.